The area now know as Pine Woods was originally settled in 1792. This beautiful cobblestone building was built in 1844 as a harness, wagon and blacksmith shop. Back in its day, visitors were picked up at the Bouckville Train Station and brought to the PINE WOODS HOTEL. Fishing excursions at the many lakes , ponds and streams, invited many to the area. HOP Dances during the summers in the early 1900's also happened here! It was during 1930's the buiding was a General Store and Butcher Shop, also dispensing Sunoco gasoline. Fast forward to 2014, Barry Hutchingson purchased the building from Mary Gustafson, after the death of her adored husband Bob Gustafon. Bob had the building filled with all sorts of antiques and vendors selling theirs.
Today, the building has been restored and offers a fine collection of the finest Olive Oils and Aged Balsamic Vinegars, Ameriana Antiques as well as Coconut Peanut Butters, salts, spices, cheeses, meats and gifts!
This building transends through time.
There's much to see here at the Cobblestone. Items will come and go regularly as we add to our collection, and sell to our visitors. We have a rustic and Americana style. Come in and visit us soon, to see all that we have to offer! Questions? Please ask!